Create A2L from C/C++ source, Merge, Update addresses and Filter A2L files.
Automates A2L creation and management
Acam automates all steps of A2L creation and management in a software build, maximizing efficiency and quality by minimizing the need for human actions. A typical build chain is illustrated in the figure below. The black circles are tools in the suite.
[A2l creation and management]
Ideal for continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
Easy to integrate in a build environment such as traditional make, Ant or Maven.
Extensive user manual and built-in help.
Attractive and flexible license model. We can also offer a migration package if you use a different A2l tool today.
Choose node-locked, USB dongle or floating license for workstations or a build server license for build servers. All licenses available as perpetual or a subscription service.
Operating system versatility. Windows and Linux is built for every release. We deliver builds for other platforms on request.
Tried and tested. Reference customers available on request.
There is no installation wizard. Just download the correct file for your operating system and unzip the package to a folder of your choice.
Acam uses Codemeter for license management. Hence Codemeter sruntime is required. Get it from https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html
Acam for Windows needs Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable. Download and install vc_redist.x64.exe if it isn’t already installed.
MacOs builds are not done fore each release but can be provided on request.
Please contact us via: email@example.com for trial license.
Release date: 2021-04-13
- Improved parsing with better error messages for Creator
- Applicable a2l attributes are now inherited in compound structures in Creator.
- Measurement or Characteristic can be specified individually for compond type (struct/union/class) members.
Release date: 2021-03-19
- Generic support for ANNOATION
- Creator now supports MAX_REFRESH, READ_WRITE and READ_ONLY
Release date: 2021-02-11
- SYMBOL_LINK is now used if the MEASUREMENT/CHARACTERISTIC identifier doesn’t exist.
Release date: 2021-02-10
- Removed processing of SYMBOL_LINK
Release date: 2021-02-09
- Improved error messages when input A2L to filter is wrong.
Release date: 2021-02-03
- Improved error messages for faulty ELF
- Support for READ_WRITE in MEASUREMENT
Release date: 2021-01-24
- Creator now supports DISPLAY_IDENTIFIER
Release date: 2021-01-22
- Elements in MOD_COMMON can be in any order
- Support for CHARACTERISTIC type ASCII
- Optionally issue warning when a MEASUREMENT/CHARACTERISTIC/AXIS_PTS is defined twice with identical definition during merge.
- Optionally issue warning instead of abort with error when a MEASUREMENT/CHARACTERISTIC/AXIS_PTS is defined twice with different definition during merge.
Release date: 2021-01-20
- Support for conversion type LINEAR
- Support for axis type FIX_AXIS
Release date: 2021-01-12
- Improved trial license management.
Release date: 2020-12-21
- ELF handling rewritten for better speed. Now up to 10x faster.
- Updater can now mark entire memory regions as readonly
Release date: 2020-12-11
- Improved error message
- include processingbugfix
Release date: 2020-11-13
- Header parsing bugfix
- Optional processing of /include
Release date: 2020-11-08
Handling of /include in IF_DATA
Release date: 2020-11-05
Updated parser library
Release date: 2020-09-17
Support for MAX_REFRESH.
Release date: 2020-07-03
Minor patch simplification of UeA2lFilter grammer for improved ease of use.
Release date: 2020-06-28
Minor patch for the case when a variable definition doesn’t match the extern declaration.
Release date: 2020-06-09
- Full support for C++ inheritance and templates
- ELF parsing is now about 3x faster
- Creator does also update addresses
Release date: 2020-05-01
UeA2lCreator fix for multiline declarations
Release date: 2020-02-42
- Improved error message when UeA2lCreator is fed an ELF without DWARF information
- UeA2lCreator now accepts comments after variable, i.e. “int foo; // bar”
Release date: 2020-02-05
- Documentation improvements
- Improvements in A2L file write performance
Release date: 2020-01-28
- Improved support for ETAS ETK handling
- Parser performance improvements
Release date: 2020-01-27
- Support for 64-bit ELF.
Release date: 2020-01-23
- Minor bugfix regarding IF_DATA sections.
- Variables declared static are now supported for both C and C++.
Release date: 2020-01-07
- Minor bugfix regarding CANApe extensions.
Release date: 2019-11-04
- Memory usage optimizations in dwarf handling
- -uncondensed-output now causes names of elements without description to appear on a separate line.
Release date: 2019-11-03
- New feature: coeffs in c-code comments to support fixed-point math.
- New feature: uncondensed output to provide compatibility with tools which doesn’t follow the standard.
- It is now possible to choose to output UTF-8 BOM in addition to pure UTF-8. Needed by some measurement tools, for example Vector CANApe, when using non-english characters.
- Bugfix in record layout handling for arrays.
Release date: 2019-11-01
Minor bugfix in UeA2lCreator Renesas support.
Release date: 2019-10-29
This is a minor patch update from v1.3
- Support for Renesas
- Minor grammar bugfix.
Release date: 2019-10-15
This is a major update to be able to supply Linux executables
- Linux executables available
- Minor merge bugfix.
Release date: 2019-10-10
This is a minor patch update from v1.2
- Compatability fix for GCC 7.4
- Graceful shutdown if UeA2lCreator is used with unsupported ELF file.
Release date: 2019-10-07
- New license management system
- Now supports Adaptive AUTOSAR
- Handles structs, arrays and any combination thereof
- Support for BIT_MASK, i.e. C struct bitfields.
Release date: 2019-08-27
This is a minor patch update from v1.1
- Performance improvements for UeA2lCreator
- UeA2lCreator now handles enums declared without typedef correctly.
Release date: 2019-07-42
- Implementation language changed from Java to C++ to be independent of future JRE licensing. UeA2lTools is now delivered as a Win32 binary compatible with Windows 7/8/10. Builds for other operating systems are available on request.
- Brand new tool UeA2lCreator! Generate A2L files for hand-written C-code with a minimum of additional effort. As much A2L information as possible is derived from debug information emitted by the compiler. Minimizing information which must be entered by the developer also minimizes development and maintenance effort hence enabling rapid development with high quality. Read more.
- Simplified filter grammar without sacrificing functionality. It is now easier to writer filter definitions.
- Option to suppress rename warnings in case of name clashes when merging A2L files.
- Now handles TargetLink identifier notation for A2L files generated for dSPACE V-ECU (TargetLink can generate generic ANSI-C or C code optimized for a certain MCU. However on cannot generate a generic A2L corresponding to the generic ANSI-C. The closest is to select to generate A2L for dSPACE V-ECU. However in this case TargetLink uses a dSPACE unique notation for variable identifiers in the generated A2L file).
- Support for both ANSI and UTF-8 encoding.
- Completely new error and warning reporting system. Pinpoints the issues with line and column making it easy to address them.
- Option to merge group contents if two a2l files contains group definition with the same name.
- Filtering of functions themselves.
- Filtering of measurements and characteristics based on which functions they belong to.
- Robustness improvements for parsing measurements and characteristics.
- Filtering based on LAB files from for example ETAS INCA. This feature enables reuse of the main filter definition file across several projects or customers, hence improving consistency and maintainability. It also enables filtering based on lists created in tools such as ETAS INCA and Vector CANape.
- Improved user guideline.
- Robustness improvements in a2ml parsing.
- Corrected warning for redefinition of measurement/characteristic/axispts during merge.
- Command line option to choose action when several definitions of the same function is encountered during a2l file merge. Default is to issue redefinition warning and rename to avoid name clashes in merged a2l. With the new option –merge-functions UeA2lMerge will merge the function content instead.